Android Security Suite Premium
To remove Android Security Suite Premium from an infected device, please follow the guide on this article. You can also find here some links where you can download a removal tool for this threat.
Android Security Suite Premium is a Trojan horse that will disguise as antivirus program in order to mislead users. This Trojan may perform harmful actions once installed on the device. The threat may also gather sensitive information and sends it to a remote attacker. It may monitor the device activity and steal SMS messages and that arrives on the infected unit.
When this Trojan is installed, it may request permission to carry out the following actions:
- Retrieve information about network and WiFi connection.
- Add itself as a system service on the device.
- Modify the present configuration.
- Alter current network connection setup.
- Permit access to low-level power management.
- Open a network connection.
- Monitor, change, and end outgoing calls.
- Vibrate the phone on selected activities.
- Read or write to the system settings.
- Create and send SMS messages.
Once user executes Android Security Suite Premium, it will exhibit an “Activation Code,” which the Trojan gathers from the device ID of the infected unit. Below is the screenshot image of the Trojan when installed.
The threat may monitor incoming SMS messages and make a copy of it that will be stored on a remote location. It may also notify a remote attacker about the presence of the Trojan.
Next, remote attacker may now send commands to the infected unit to execute the following tasks:
- Disable or enable the program
- Remove the program from the system
- Transmit system information to the remote attacker, including device make and model, OS version, and existing version of the Trojan.
Damage Level: Low
Systems Affected: Android
This Trojan will arrive on a system as a downloaded file from third party web sites. It is an Android package file with the following details:
Name: Android Security Suite Premium
How to Remove Android Security Suite Premium
If you do not want to download any tools and programs, you can still remove Android Security Suite Premium using manual method.
1. Open Google Android Menu.
2. Go to Settings icon and select Applications.
3. Then, click on Manage button.
4. Select the application that pertains to Android Security Suite Premium and click on the Uninstall button.
To instantly remove the threat, you need to download a tool from the marketplace. Please perform the following steps:
1. Go to Android Marketplace and download Norton Mobile Security.
2. Select the 90-Day free download version.
3. Click on Install. If it prompts you that it needs to access some permission, please accept.
4. Next, click Open. Then, click on Agree and Launch.
5. Once the program is running, browse to Anti-Malware tab.
6. Click Scan now to run a full scan and remove the threat from infected device.
Alternative Removal Method for Android Security Suite Premium
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Android Security Suite Premium enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Android Security Suite Premium infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.