When your PC is attacked by BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e, you may follow the procedure on this page to remove this threat. Delete the Trojan at once before it can further harm the system.
BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e is a Trojan that can possess numerous threats on the infected computer. This Trojan can connect to IRC port and waits for a remote command from an attacker. It can also download additional malware from a remote server. BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e may spread on local and removable USB drive. The Trojan may drop various files and create several registry entries to initiate a command on Windows start-up.
Alias: Win32:Inject-SW, Suspicious file, virtool:win32/injector.gen!b, Troj/Inject-HI, Trojan.Inject.Gen.5, Win32/CInject.BJ
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista
Once executed, BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e will create a malicious driver file under System32/Drivers folder of Windows. This additional file is a separate threat known as rootkit Trojan. An advanced technique is used in this process to conceal the presence of Trojan and hides itself on system processes.
While running on the computer, BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e attempts to connect to a remote host to download additional malware and save the file using .SCR format. It will create several registry entries for automatic execution on Windows start-up and bypass firewall restrictions. Next, the Trojan will accept commands from a remote command and control (C&C) server using TCP port 988. It can also allow a remote attacker to perform other actions on the infected PC.
Trojan BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e normally spreads through other virus infections. Once it is dropped on target computer, the Trojan will propagate via network shared drives and removable storage devices. Malicious files such as lan.exe and autorun.inf file are placed on target drives, which will run automatically when accessed.
How to Remove BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e
1. Temporarily Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP). [how to]
2. To be able to identify even the most recent variant of BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e, open your antivirus application and update the virus definition file.
3. Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- From a power-off state, turn on the computer and press F8 on your keyboard repeatedly.
- Your computer will display Windows Advanced Boot Options menu. Please select Safe Mode with Networking.
- The system will now boot Windows and loads only necessary drivers and files.
4. Open your antivirus program and run a full system scan. After the scan, delete all infected items. If unable to delete, better place them in quarantine. Once the scan is complete, please proceed with the next step.
Scan with McAfee Stinger:
Stinger is a portable security tool that can detect and remove particular viruses. It utilizes a highly developed scan engine technology that includes process scanning and scan function optimization.
5. Go to McAfee Labs Stinger web page and download the tool. Save it to your desktop.
6. Once the download completes, double click on the file to run the program.
7. The Stinger main program will open.
8. Default directory to scan is the system drive (C:\). You may add additional drives to scan by clicking on Add button.
9. Click on Scan Now button to begin scanning assigned drives.
10. Stinger will now scan and repair/delete all infected files.
11. When done, you may now close McAfee Stinger and restart Windows in normal mode.
Alternative Removal Method for BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.