If you are looking for ways to remove Downloader.Instas, then you can find it on this page. Free tools and removal procedure is also included to get rid of the Trojan instantly.
Downloader.Instas is a computer Trojan that will connect to a remote location and download more threats. This Trojan may pull-down threats that can perform diverse tasks once executed on the PC. One deadly component it may download is a backdoor Trojan that can allow a remote attacker to access the computer without user’s knowledge.
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista
When the Trojan is executed, it will drop a file under Temporary folder of Windows. Next, it will make some changes on the affected computer including Windows registry. This threat will add an entry that forces Windows to load the Trojan on every start-up. When Downloader.Instas is running, it can now perform various tasks that can harm the PC. It also has a payload that can cause lost of data and stolen information.
Next, the Trojan will attempt to connect to specified web address to download and execute more threats. It will fetch Trojans with individual payloads that can further spoil the infected computer.
Downloader Trojan is usually spread through spamming process. It is discharge in the wild either in the form of email or Internet campaign. To be specific, Downloader.Instas’ role is to get other malware that cannot be distributed over the said drive. Being small in size and able to escape antivirus detection, campaign can easily fit email attachment. Authors of this Trojan also embed the code into downloadable executable files that users may obtain from unsafe file-sharing networks.
How to Remove Downloader.Instas
1. Temporarily Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP).
2. Open your antivirus application and update the virus definitions. This method ensures that your antivirus program can detect even newer variants of Downloader.Instas .
3. Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- From a power-off state, turn on the computer and press F8 repeatedly.
- Your computer will display Windows Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- System will boot Windows loading only necessary drivers and system files.
4. Open your antivirus program and run a full system scan. After the scan, delete all infected items. If unable, better place them in quarantine. Once the scan is complete, please proceed with the next step.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove Downloader.Instas without the need to install additional antivirus application is to perform a thorough scan with free online virus scanner that can be found on websites of legitimate anti-virus and security provider.
5. Go to Online Virus Scanner list and run a virus scan. This may require plug-ins, add-on or Activex object, please install if you want to proceed with scan.
6. After completing the necessary download, your system is now ready for online virus scanning.
7. Select an option in which you can thoroughly scan the computer to make sure that it will find and delete entirely all infections not detected on previous scan.
8. Remove or delete all detected items.
9. When scanning is finished, you may now restart the computer in normal mode.
Automatic Removal of Downloader.InstasIn order to completely remove the threat, it is best to download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Sometimes, Trojans will block the downloading and installation of MBAM. If this happens, download it from a clean computer and rename the executable file before executing on the infected machine.
Alternative Removal Method for Downloader.Instas
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Downloader.Instas enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Downloader.Instas infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Downloader.Instas manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Downloader.Instas requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Downloader.Instas.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Downloader.Instas files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Downloader.Instas.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.