This page contains data about Generic Dropper.fh. Included are description, technical aspects, and removal guide to delete the threat from your computer.
Generic Dropper.fh is a name or method to identify malicious files, which contain other binaries on itself. This Trojan was created and spread to further infect a computer. It retrieves more malware files located on a remote server. Added threats may trigger other actions that can cause damage to system files. It can also degrade the system performance of the affected computer.
This Trojan holds a backdoor function in it. Allowing a remote attacker to gain control of the computer and access sensitive data is what backdoor can set off once it is run. The offender can make changes on the affected computer and drop other security risks.
Alias: VirTool:Win32/Injector.gen!Y, Backdoor.SdBot
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista
Generic Dropper.fh detection comprise of Trojan downloader. It covers a wide variety of threats that shares the same payload when executed on the computer. Each variant has specific description and details identifies by name with corresponding marker such as Generic Dropper.XX where “XX” is the mark. Since this is a multi-component threat, payload may vary from one infection to another.
Generic Dropper.fh drops both malicious and clean files into the target computer. These files are essential and required by the Trojan to perform specific tasks.
Mode of propagation for Generic Dropper.fh is attributed primarily to another Trojan infection. Additionally, user may also acquire this malware by visiting malicious web sites designed to spread Generic Dropper.fh.
How to Remove Generic Dropper.fh
Step 1 : Run a scan with your antivirus program
1. Temporarily Disable System Restore if your system is running on Windows Me/XP. [how to]
2. Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- From a power-off state, turn on the computer and press F8 on your keyboard repeatedly.
- Your computer will display Windows Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will boot loading only necessary drivers and system files. Expect that it will run with minimal features and low-resolution display.
3. Open your antivirus program and download the most recent update. This method ensures that your antivirus program can detect even newer variants of Generic Dropper.fh.
Updating your antivirus software is a one-click process. Please refer to your software manual for complete instructions.
4. Once updating is finished, run a full system scan. After the scan, delete all infected items. If unable to clean or delete, better place the threat in quarantine.
Step 2: Run another test with online virus scanner
Another way to remove Generic Dropper.fh without the need to install additional antivirus software is to perform a thorough scan with free online virus scanner. It can be found on websites of legitimate antivirus and security provider.
1. Click the button below to proceed to the list of suggested Online Virus Scanner. Choose your desired provider. You can run each scan individually, one at a time, to ensure that all threats will be removed from the computer. This may require plug-ins, add-on or Activex object, please install if you want to proceed with scan.
2. After completing the necessary download, your system is now ready to scan and remove Generic Dropper.fh and other kinds of threats.
3. Select an option in which you can thoroughly scan the computer to make sure that it will find and delete entirely all infections not detected on previous scan.
4. Remove or delete all detected items.
5. When scanning is finished, you may now restart the computer in normal mode.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Generic Dropper.fh
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Generic Dropper.fh enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Generic Dropper.fh infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Ways to Prevent Generic Dropper.fh Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.