If your computer is infected with Java.Awetook, you may follow the procedure on this page to contain this threat. Remove the Trojan at once before it can further harm the system.
Java.Awetook is a Trojan that will take advantage of flaw in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to increase its privilege on the infected computer. Once the Trojan sets the main goal, it will have an ability to download and run other malware on the compromised computer. Apart from that, PC’ affected by Java.Awetook may also suffer from wide range of troubles emerging from damaged files on the system.
Damage Level: Low
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista/7
On initial attack of Java.Awetook, it will find if the computer’s Internet browser is using an outdated version of Java Runtime. If it is, then, the Trojan will take advantage of the present defect in order to infiltrate the system. Once it is inside and all adjustments have made, Java.Awetook will attempt to contact a remote server and download other threats. As programmed, downloaded threats are anticipated to be installed on the infected computer.
One definite way to defy this attack by Java.Awetook is to have the most recent version of Java Runtime. It plays a role on some web browsers to view contents of certain web site. However, presence of Java is often taken advantage by malware authors to infect a computer. For this reason, some user chose to browse the web more securely without Java.
Java.Awetook spreads through a number of means commonly employs by other similar threats. There is also an instance that links from social networking site will direct victims to a Trojan download page. Spam email messages, instant messaging programs, and adult web sites are other ways to transmit Java.Awetook.
How to Remove Java.Awetook
1. Temporarily Disable System Restore if you are using Windows XP. For Windows Vista/7 users, you may use System Restore to return Windows to a previous clean state. However, you must have a saved restore points to accomplish this. Otherwise, proceed with the removal process.
2. Open your antivirus application and update the virus definitions. This method ensures that your antivirus program can detect even newer variants of Java.Awetook.
3. Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- From a power-off state, turn on the computer and press F8 repeatedly.
- Your computer will display Windows Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- System will boot Windows loading only necessary drivers and system files.
4. Open your antivirus program and run a full system scan. After the scan, delete all infected items. If unable, better place them in quarantine. Once the scan is complete, please proceed with the next step.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove Java.Awetook without the need to install additional antivirus application is to perform a thorough scan with free online virus scanner that can be found on websites of legitimate anti-virus and security provider.
5. Go to Online Virus Scanner list and run a virus scan. This may require plug-ins, add-on or Activex object, please install if you want to proceed with scan.
6. After completing the necessary download, your system is now ready for online virus scanning.
7. Select an option in which you can thoroughly scan the computer to make sure that it will find and delete entirely all infections not detected on previous scan.
8. Remove or delete all detected items.
9. When scanning is finished, you may now restart the computer in normal mode.
Automatic Removal of Java.AwetookIn order to completely remove the threat, it is best to download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Sometimes, Trojans will block the downloading and installation of MBAM. If this happens, download it from a clean computer and rename the executable file before executing on the infected machine.
Alternative Removal Method for Java.Awetook
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Java.Awetook enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Java.Awetook infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.