Trojan Horse Rootkit-Pakes.AA
Trojan Horse Rootkit-Pakes.AA is a detection for a malicious file that will embed itself on legitimate system process to remain undetected by antivirus and other security program. This rootkit techniques are employed on Trojan that was created to propagate a copy of fake antivirus programs. This generic detection was used to protect the computer against a variations of Trojan that shares the same characteristics.
Damage Level: Low
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Manual Removal of Trojan Horse Rootkit-Pakes.AA
1. If using Windows Me/XP, System Restore must be disabled to prevent the threat from restoring itself.[how to]
2. Database, pattern and definition files of installed antivirus programs must be updated.
3. Restart Windows in Safe Mode.
4. Run a full system scan and clean/delete all infected files.
5. Restart Windows in normal mode.
Online Virus Scanner:
Using a free version of legitimate Online Virus Scanner can help remove other threats not detected by installed security program. It can be used to identify hidden threats without the need to install another anti-virus application.
How to Protect Computer From Trojan Horse Rootkit-Pakes.AA
Use security programs:
– Install antivirus and always update the database to ensure that it will detect new threats and viruses.
– Use a firewall to block all unwanted incoming Internet traffic.
– Anti-malware is also advise aside from installed antivirus programs.
– Be cautious in opening e-mail attachments. Spam messages that pretend to be from a known source may contain infected attached files.
– Never click on a suspicious link sent through instant messaging programs.
Alternative Removal Method for Trojan Horse Rootkit-Pakes.AA
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Trojan Horse Rootkit-Pakes.AA enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Trojan Horse Rootkit-Pakes.AA infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.