Trojan.Alipime is a computer Trojan that will monitor web-browsing history of the infected computer. This threat may also process a swindle online deal by redirecting victim’s Internet browser to a malicious web sites and fraud web pages. The Trojan will end-up the transaction by redirecting users to a legitimate merchant site to appear that they are dealing with the real vendor.
When Trojan.Alipime executes on the computer, it will create several files under Windows temporary folder. Aside from that, it can also drop harmful files under User’s folder. All files linked to this Trojan are harmful. When any of the said files are run, it will display a dummy error message sending an alert to user that the file is corrupted. Thus, it gives victim an impression that nothing is executed.
Once loaded and running, Trojan.Alipime will monitor infected computer’s web browsing activities. The Trojan logs every web site visited and every information it searches on the web. When it sense that user intends to purchase items online, the Trojan will redirect the browser to a payment-processing web site run by the attacker. If payment has completed, it will return victim’s web browser to the original web site’s error page. This gives an idea that the online purchase by user did not succeed.
Damage Level: Low
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Manual Removal of Trojan.Alipime
1. If using Windows Me/XP, System Restore must be disabled to prevent the threat from restoring itself.
2. Database, pattern and definition files of installed antivirus programs must be updated.
3. Restart Windows in Safe Mode.
4. Run a full system scan and clean/delete all infected files.
5. Restart Windows in normal mode.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove a virus without the need to install additional anti-virus application is to perform a thorough scan with free Online Virus Scanner that can be found here or on websites of legitimate anti-virus and security provider.
How to Protect Computer From Trojan.Alipime
Use security programs:
– Install antivirus and always update the database to ensure that it will detect new threats and viruses.
– Use a firewall to block all unwanted incoming Internet traffic.
– Anti-malware is also advise aside from installed antivirus programs.
– Be cautious in opening e-mail attachments. Spam messages that pretend to be from a known source may contain infected attached files.
– Never click on a suspicious link sent through instant messaging programs.