Trojan.Fadeluxnet is a deadly computer Trojan that when executed will delete all files making the PC unusable. This threat was designed to disable anti-virus, Internet browser and some Windows programs. It can perform added damages to the PC by making changes to the registry and system files.
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista
Trojan.Fadeluxnet arrives on the computer by pretending to be a removal tool for Stuxnet virus. If user executes the fake program, it will create a file under UserProfile folder. To call this file on every Windows start-up, the Trojan places needed entry on the registry. Both files and registry entries linked to this malware can be found under reference area.
Other harm that this Trojan can cause to a computer is to disable execution of some files. Trojan.Fadeluxnet alters registry entries to change file association. In this case, user will unable to open a file due to wrong software execution.
Infected computer may also observe sudden shut down of programs like Anti-virus, Windows Explorer, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Trojan.Fadeluxnet ends process when it sense that the mentioned programs are running. Lastly, the threat attempts to delete all files and folders on the infected system and restart the PC afterwards.
Trojan.Fadeluxnet spreads through a number of means ordinarily employs by other similar threats. There is also an observation that some malicious links will direct victims to a Trojan download page. These links will reach user via spam email messages, instant messaging software and malicious pages.
How to Remove Trojan.Fadeluxnet
Systematic procedures to get rid of the threat are presented on this section. Make sure to scan the computer with suggested tools and scanners.
NOTE: We suggest that you PRINT or BOOKMARK this guide. There are steps that we may have to restart the computer in order to successfully remove the threat.
Step 1 : Run a scan with your antivirus program
1. First thing you should do is reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Trojan.Fadeluxnet from loading at start-up.
Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer and please do the following:
Boot in Safe Mode with Networking on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 system
a) Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
b) It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
Start computer in Safe Mode with Networking using Windows 8
a) Before Windows begins to load, press Shift and F8 on your keyboard.
b) On Recovery interface, click on 'See advanced repair options'.
c) Next, click on Troubleshoot option.
d) Then, select Advanced options from the list.
e) Lastly, please choose Windows Startup Settings and click on Restart. When Windows restarts, you will be send to a familiar Advanced Boot Options screen.
f) Select Safe Mode with Networking from the selections menu.
2. Once Windows is running under Safe Mode with Networking, open your antivirus program and download the most recent update. This method ensures that your antivirus program can detect even newer variants of Trojan.Fadeluxnet.
Updating your antivirus software is a one-click process. Please refer to your software manual for complete instructions.
3. Once updating is finished, run a full system scan. After the scan, delete all infected items. If unable to clean or delete, better place the threat in quarantine.
Step 2: Run another test with online virus scanner
Another way to remove Trojan.Fadeluxnet without the need to install additional antivirus software is to perform a thorough scan with free online virus scanner. It can be found on websites of legitimate antivirus and security provider.
1. Click the button below to proceed to the list of suggested Online Virus Scanner. Choose your desired provider. You can run each scan individually, one at a time, to ensure that all threats will be removed from the computer. This may require plug-ins, add-on or Activex object, please install if you want to proceed with scan.
2. After completing the necessary download, your system is now ready to scan and remove Trojan.Fadeluxnet and other kinds of threats.
3. Select an option in which you can thoroughly scan the computer to make sure that it will find and delete entirely all infections not detected on previous scan.
4. Remove or delete all detected items.
5. When scanning is finished, you may now restart the computer in normal mode.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Trojan.Fadeluxnet
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Trojan.Fadeluxnet drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, please follow the instructions below to access this feature.
Access System Restore on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
a) Go to Start Menu, then under 'Run' or 'Search Program and Files' field, type rstrui.
b) Then, press Enter on the keyboard to open System Restore Settings.
Open System Restore on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse cursor to the lower left corner of the screen and wait for the Start icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon and select Run from the list. This will open a Run dialog box.
c) Type rstrui on the 'Open' field and click on OK to initiate the command.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Trojan.Fadeluxnet manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Trojan.Fadeluxnet requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Trojan.Fadeluxnet.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Trojan.Fadeluxnet files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode using the procedures above.
- Open your anti-virus program and thoroughly run a scan on the computer. Delete/Quarantine all identified threats to remove Trojan.Fadeluxnet effectively.
4. Delete all files dropped by Trojan.Fadeluxnet.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Ways to Prevent Trojan.Fadeluxnet Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.
Install an effective anti-malware program
Your first line of defense would be an effective security program that provides real-time protection. We have a list of anti-malware program that are tried and tested. It does not only scan files but also monitors your Internet traffic and is extremely active on blocking malicious communication. Click on the button below to download our recommended anti-malware program.
Always update your installed software
Software vendors constantly releases updates for programs whenever a flaw is discovered. Getting the updates makes the computer more secured and help prevents Trojan, virus, malware, and Trojan.Fadeluxnet similar attacks. If in case your program is not set for instant update, it usually offered from vendor's web site, which you can download anytime.
Maximize the security potential of your Internet browser
Each browser has their own feature where in you can adjust the security settings that fit your browsing habit. We highly encourage you to maximize the setup to tighten the security of your browser.
Apply full caution when using the Internet
Internet is full of fraud, malware, and many forms of computer threats including Trojan.Fadeluxnet. Implement full caution with links that you may receive from emails, social networking sites, and instant messaging programs. It might lead you to malicious sites that can cause harm to your computer. Avoid strange web sites that offers free services and software downloads.