Trojan horse Generic 14.DYJ
Trojan horse Generic 14.DYJ is detection for a Trojan that applies a Rootkit technology to remain itself hidden from system so as to avoid being detected by antivirus application. Trojan horse Generic 14.DYJ can hook itself into Windows registry and create a backdoor to allow a remote attacker gain full access on victim’s computer.
There is also an analysis that Trojan horse Generic 14.DYJ is a false positive detection by AVG. While running diagnostic test using clean files from an undisclosed PC game, it seems that Trojan is detected only by AVG and stays clean on other AV programs scan. With this result, it is advised to download an update for AVG programs through their web site.
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista
Trojan horse Generic 14.DYJ may pose as useful programs or files that are familiar with computer users. With this technique, there is a higher chance the victims may click or execute the Trojan without knowing that it is harmful to the system. Usually, this Trojan will use a popular program file name or pretend as a specific type of file including .JPG, .DOC, and .MP3 to play trick on computer users.
Once the Trojan is loaded on the system, it will perform various actions including the following:
- Commit a Distributed Denial of Service Attack (DDoS)
- Download and execute malicious files.
- Drop malware and rogue software on victim’s computer.
- End any running processes that belong to security software.
- Open a backdoor and allow remote attacker to manipulate the compromised PC.
- Steal confidential data like user name, passwords and other vital information.
Trojan horse Generic 14.DYJ may enter the target computer in various methods. On any of this distribution process, an author behind the Trojan ensures that it is distributed as rapidly as possible while utilizing the unsafe transmission through the Internet. In most cases, Trojans attacks vulnerable systems with outdated anti-virus programs and security loopholes.
How to Remove Trojan horse Generic 14.DYJ
Trojan horse Generic 14.DYJ Removal Tool
ComboFix is a security application developed by SUBs that aims in removing malware and virus that are undetectable by some anti-virus programs. This software has gained respect in removing unfamiliar malware that uses sophisticated technology to hide their presence. To scan with ComboFix, please follow this procedure:
1. Download ComboFix here.
2. Save file on desired location like Dekstop.
Note: Before running ComboFix, please note that this program is a powerful tool that can lead to malfunction of the computer. It is advised to seek help from literate PC troubleshooter to guide you on unfamiliar steps in removing virus. Please use at your own risks.
3. Close all running applications and disable any installed security software.
4. Locate the file ComboFix.exe and double-click to run.
5. The program will issue a disclaimer, please click “I Agree” to continue.
6. Once running, ComboFix will make a System Restore point and backup Windows Registry.
7. The program will require Windows Recovery Console. If this is present, ComboFix will resume, otherwise it will download and install WRC.
8. After installation of Windows Recovery Console, ComboFix will proceed with the scan. Please be patient, it may take a while.
9. Automatic detection and removal will commence and log file is provided.
10. If the threat remains after running a complete scan, it is best to have your log files analyze by experienced CF users.
Alternative Removal Method for Trojan horse Generic 14.DYJ
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Trojan horse Generic 14.DYJ enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Trojan horse Generic 14.DYJ infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.