This page contains detailed analysis on Trojan.Komplexad. To get rid of this Trojan, please use the removal guide below.
Trojan.Komplexad is a threat that will download, decrypt and execute a remote file to harm the compromised system. This Trojan may also install a Browser Helper Object (BHO) that will run automatically when Internet Explorer executes. This Trojan also initiates other version of malicious programs coming from a remote server.
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista
When Trojan.Komplexad executes, it will create subkeys on the Windows registry. These changes on the system will allow the Trojan to perform harmful actions and install unwanted programs. It also install itself as a Browser Helper Object and runs whenever user opens the program Internet Explorer.
Next, Trojan.Komplexad will monitor activities on the infected computer and compare running programs from its target list. If it found that the program is running, the Trojan will kill the process thus, ending the program.
Lastly, the Trojan will try to connect to a remote server to download more files. It has the ability to download, decrypt, and run a file, which it gets from a remote host.
The Trojan spreads in a way that it represents itself as a document file on spam email messages. Opening the attached file will initiate the Trojan and begin to infect files on the system.
How to Remove Trojan.Komplexad
Step 1 : Download Microsoft Safety Scanner and Run a Scan
If you have previous version of Microsoft Safety Scanner that is more than 10 days old, please disregard it. Download a new copy from the official web site. Every 10 days, Microsoft will release the latest edition of this tool with updated anti-virus definitions to ensure that it will detect even most recent malware threats.
1. Download Microsoft Safety Scanner by clicking the button below and save it on your desktop. This is a free tool from Microsoft that offers on-demand scanning. It helps remove computer infection such as malware, virus, and Trojan.
2. Restart Windows in Safe Mode.
-Turn off the computer. Then turn the power on, immediately press F8 on your keyboard right after a text appears on the screen.
-It will display a selection. Please choose Safe Mode and press Enter. Most threats like Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.AN will not load when you run Windows in this mode.
3. Once Windows starts in Safe Mode, locate the file of Microsoft Safety Scanner (msert.exe) that you have downloaded earlier. Double-click to run the file.
4. When it shows End user license agreement, please accept and click Next to continue.
5. On Scan Type window, please select Full scan. The tool will scan the entire system. This is ideal to detect and remove all threats that are present on the computer.
6. Click Next to begin the scan. This process will take a while to finish. Please be patient and let MSS complete the scan procedure.
7. Once the scan operation ends, it will provide a report for identified threats. Please remove all the threats.
8. Reboot the computer and run another scan after Windows boots normally to make sure that Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.AN is gone. You may now restart Windows normally.
Step 2 : Double-check for Remnants of Trojan.Komplexad using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
This guide requires a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a free tool designed to eradicate various computer infections including Trojan.Komplexad. MBAM scanner and malware removal tool is distributed for free.
1. In order to completely remove Trojan.Komplexad, it is best to download and run the recommended tool. Please click the button below to begin download.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and select 'Run as administator' from the list.
3. When User Account Control prompts, please click Yes to proceed with the installation.
4. Follow the prompts and install as 'default' only. There are no changes needed during the installation process.
5. Before the installation procedure ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will ask for database update, please proceed.
6. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically run and you will be prompted to update if newer version of database is available.
7. At this moment, close MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and proceed with the next step.
Run a thorough scan in Safe Mode to remove Trojan.Komplexad
8. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
9. Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
10. It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
11. Windows will now start in Safe Mode. It runs on minimal set of drivers so expect your desktop to load a low-resolution display.
12. Once Windows is running on Safe Mode, find the icon of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Double-click to launch the program.
13. Choose Perform full scan on scanner's console to ensure that it thoroughly check the PC for any presence of Trojan.Komplexad and other forms of threats. Click the Scan button to start.
14. Once the scan has completed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will issue a list of identified threats. Mark all threats and click on Remove Selected.
15. If it prompts to restart the computer, please reboot Windows normally.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Trojan.Komplexad
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Trojan.Komplexad enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Trojan.Komplexad infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Trojan.Komplexad manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Trojan.Komplexad requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Trojan.Komplexad.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Trojan.Komplexad files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Trojan.Komplexad.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Technical ReferenceAdded Registry Entries:
Ways to Prevent Trojan.Komplexad Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.