If you are looking for ways to remove Trojan.Pat?chep!sys, then you can find it on this page. Free tools and removal procedure is also included to get rid of the Trojan instantly.
Trojan.Patchep!sys detection indicates that the affected file is modified by a Trojan. This threat usually attacks Windows components to launch other malicious application. There are certain purposes why Trojan makers are attacking Windows components and that includes disabling of security program or launching various code. In most cases, Trojan.Patchep!sys are linked with another threat known to carry out rootkit techniques on the target computer.
Damage Level: High
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista/7
When Trojan.Patchep!sys executes on the system, it immediately looks for the target Windows system file. Then, it will patch it with a malicious code. The code will depend on the purpose of the attacker. Since Trojan.Patchep!sys is a general detection, there are no common signs for this kind of threat. However, it is observed that certain malware patches Windows files in an attempt to disable security and Windows Safe File Check feature on the target computer. Once it completed this task, attacker may send other sets of malware without being detected by security programs. Other patches a file and appends its header with a malicious code that points to a main Trojan file. The most common affected components for Trojan.Patchep!sys is services.exe.
Trojan.Patchep!sys spreads through a number of means ordinarily employs by other similar threats. There are also studies that malicious links from chat programs and social networking sites will direct victims to a Trojan download page. These links may also reach user via spam email messages and malicious blogs that are compromised.
If computer is protected by efficient antivirus program, it can detect and block the infection before it can infiltrate the computer. In the image below, you can see that Trojan.Patchep!sys is place into quarantine and the affected file is cleaned.
How to Remove Trojan.Patchep!sys
1. Download Microsoft Safety Scanner from this link and safe it on your desktop. This is a free tool from Microsoft that offer on-demand scanning. It helps remove computer infection such as malware, virus, and Trojan.
Note: If you have previous version of Microsoft Safety Scanner that is more than 10 days old, please disregard it. Download a new from the official web site. Every 10 days, Microsoft will release the latest edition of this tool with updated anti-virus definitions to ensure that it will detect even most recent malware threats.
2. Open your antivirus program and update the virus definition. Refer to your antivirus manual on how to initiate an update. Most antivirus software provides one-click process.
3. Restart Windows in Safe Mode.
– Turn off the computer. Then turn the power on, immediately press F8 on your keyboard right after a text appears on the screen.
– It will display a selection. Please choose Safe Mode and press Enter. Most threats like Trojan.Pat?chep!sys will not load when you run Windows in this mode.
4. Once Windows starts in Safe Mode, open your antivirus program and run a full system scan and clean/delete all infected files. If it cannot perform clean/delete, better put the infected file into quarantine so that it will remain inaccessible.
5. Locate the file of Microsoft Safety Scanner (msert.exe) that you download earlier. Double-click to run the file.
6. When it shows End user license agreement, please accept and click Next to continue.
7. On Scan Type window, please select Full scan. The tool will scan the entire system. This is ideal to detect and remove all threats that are present on the computer.
8. Click Next to begin the scan. This process will take a while to finish. Please be patient and let MSS complete the scan procedure.
9. Once the scan operation ends, it will provide a report for identified threats. Please remove all the threats.
10. Reboot the computer and run another scan after Windows boots normally to make sure that Trojan.Pat?chep!sys is gone.
Alternative Removal Method for Trojan.Patchep!sys
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Trojan.Patchep!sys enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Trojan.Patchep!sys infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.