Trojan.Sasfis!gen2 is a heuristic analysis for files contracted with Trojan.Sasfis family of virus. Detected files that were associated with Trojan.Sasfis!gen2 may poses great danger and considered to be a security threat to computers and its network environment.
Damage Level: Low
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Manual Removal of Trojan.Sasfis!gen2
1. If using Windows Me/XP, System Restore must be disabled to prevent the threat from restoring itself. [how to]
2. Database, pattern and definition files of installed antivirus programs must be updated.
3. Restart Windows in Safe Mode.
4. Run a full system scan and clean/delete all infected files.
5. Restart Windows in normal mode.
Online Virus Scanner:
It is best run a separate scan using free Online Virus Scanner. It can be used without the need to install additional antivirus application.
How to Protect Computer From Trojan.Sasfis!gen2
Computer Security Recommendations:
– Install antivirus and firewall program. A combination of these two may prevent virus and hacking attack.
– Use complex passwords on every aspect that requires it. Hard to crack passowords containing alpha-numeric characters and not less than eight characters long will help prevent further damage on infected computer.
– Disable Autoplay of USB drives to avoid automatic launching of virus that is run via Autorun.Inf file
– Configure email clients to block incoming emails that contains attached files with .vbs, .bat, .exe, .pif and .scr extensions.
– Be wise in opening e-mail attachments. Spam messages that pretend to be from a known source may contain infected attached files.
– Never click on a suspicious link sent through instant messaging programs.