If your computer is infected with Trojan.Vundo.B!inf, you may follow the procedure on this page to contain this threat. Remove the Trojan at once before it can further harm the system.
Trojan.Vundo.B!inf is a common detection method used to identify files infected with Trojan.Vundo.B. This threat will attempt to connect to remote hosts and download additional malware on the compromised computer. The subject Trojan also allows a remote attacker to obtain an access on the infected PC via backdoor channel.
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista
When user executes Trojan.Vundo.B!inf, it will create a .DLL file with file names derived from a list of names. The threat saves and executes the file with random folders under Windows. Its random execution aims to elude antivirus program that is using pattern detection. Trojan.Vundo.B!inf also creates registry entries to execute the malicious code each time user runs Windows.
If the security risk is loaded on the computer, it will try to contact a remote server. Establishing a connection means more harm for the compromised unit. Trojan.Vundo.B!inf can download more malware that it may execute on its own. It can download various malware, which contain specific payload. Thus, signs that may be observed from infected computer may not be similar. Although, most of the variants are inclined into showing pop-up advertisements once it has gained access to the target computer.
Then, Trojan.Vundo.B!inf sends HTTP request to specific IP addresses. It also opens a backdoor port allowing remote attacker to take control of the computer.
Trojan.Vundo.B!inf may spread in vari0us methods. It often arrives as an attached file to spam email messages. There are also chances that another virus or Trojan will download and execute this threat onto the computer without user’s knowledge.
How to Remove Trojan.Vundo.B!inf
Step 1 : Scan and remove Trojan.Vundo.B!inf with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
This guide requires a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a free tool designed to eradicate various computer infections including Trojan.Vundo.B!inf. MBAM scanner and malware removal tool is distributed for free.
1. In order to completely remove Trojan.Vundo.B!inf, it is best to download and run the recommended tool. Please click the button below to begin download.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and select 'Run as administator' from the list.
3. When User Account Control prompts, please click Yes to proceed with the installation.
4. Follow the prompts and install as 'default' only. There are no changes needed during the installation process.
5. Before the installation procedure ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will ask for database update, please proceed.
6. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically run and you will be prompted to update if newer version of database is available.
7. At this moment, close MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and proceed with the next step.
Run a thorough scan in Safe Mode to remove Trojan.Vundo.B!inf
8. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
9. Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
10. It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
11. Windows will now start in Safe Mode. It runs on minimal set of drivers so expect your desktop to load a low-resolution display.
12. Once Windows is running on Safe Mode, find the icon of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Double-click to launch the program.
13. Choose Perform full scan on scanner's console to ensure that it thoroughly check the PC for any presence of Trojan.Vundo.B!inf and other forms of threats. Click the Scan button to start.
14. Once the scan has completed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will issue a list of identified threats. Mark all threats and click on Remove Selected.
15. If it prompts to restart the computer, please reboot Windows normally.
Step 2 : Run a scan with your antivirus program
1. Repeat the process of starting Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
2. Open your antivirus program and download the most recent update. This method ensures that your antivirus program can detect even newer variants of Trojan.Vundo.B!inf.
Updating your antivirus software is a one-click process. Please refer to your software manual for complete instructions.
3. Once updating is finished, run a full system scan on the affected PC. After the scan, delete all infected items. If unable to clean or delete, better place the threat in quarantine.
Step 3: Run another test with online virus scanner
Another way to remove Trojan.Vundo.B!inf without the need to install additional antivirus software is to perform a thorough scan with free online virus scanner. It can be found on websites of legitimate antivirus and security provider.
1. Click the button below to proceed to the list of suggested Online Virus Scanner. Choose your desired provider. You can run each scan individually, one at a time, to ensure that all threats will be removed from the computer. This may require plug-ins, add-on or Activex object, please install if you want to proceed with scan.
2. After completing the necessary download, your system is now ready to scan and remove Trojan.Vundo.B!inf and other kinds of threats.
3. Select an option in which you can thoroughly scan the computer to make sure that it will find and delete entirely all infections not detected on previous scan.
4. Remove or delete all detected items.
5. When scanning is finished, you may now restart the computer in normal mode.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Trojan.Vundo.B!inf
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Trojan.Vundo.B!inf enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Trojan.Vundo.B!inf infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Ways to Prevent Trojan.Vundo.B!inf Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.