This page contains data and removal guide to delete Trojan.Zlob.P from an infected computer. Follow the instruction carefully to get rid of the Trojan instantly.
Trojan.Zlob.P is a Trojan horse that may arrive on computer by means of a drive-by-download method or when user paid a visit to malicious websites. These instances drop the Trojan on visitor’s computer instantly. When inside the PC, Trojan.Zlob.P lowers security settings by ending related process. It also tries to steal confidential data from the infected computer and opens a backdoor that will allow a remote attacked to gain full access on victim’s machine.
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista
When Trojan.Zlob.P is executed on the computer, it will make a copy of itself under System directory. The file name will contain eight random characters. Aside from that, this threat also creates a couple of files on various folders.
Next, the Trojan adds itself into system service of Windows. To accomplish this, Trojan.Zlob.P will create a number of registry entries. The threats do this without getting any attention from you or your antivirus program. Here are the Windows service details:
Startup Type: Automatic
Image Path: %System%\[EIGHT RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Display Name: MSWU-[EIGHT RANDOM CHARACTERS]
More registry entries are added to the system with various goals. For instance, it inserts an entry that will command a Firewall to allow the Trojan to use Internet traffic. Some will attempt to modify network settings especially DNS configuration.
To further avoid its removal, Trojan.Zlob.P registers itself as a legacy driver; it simply means that the threat is required in order for the system to operate normally.
Lastly, this threat is capable of penetrating whatever router is installed. It uses encoded sets of credential to brute force its access and opens a backdoor connection when completed.
How to Remove Trojan.Zlob.P
Step 1 : Run a scan with your antivirus program
1. Temporarily Disable System Restore if your system is running on Windows Me/XP. [how to]
2. Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- From a power-off state, turn on the computer and press F8 on your keyboard repeatedly.
- Your computer will display Windows Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will boot loading only necessary drivers and system files. Expect that it will run with minimal features and low-resolution display.
3. Open your antivirus program and download the most recent update. This method ensures that your antivirus program can detect even newer variants of Trojan.Zlob.P.
Updating your antivirus software is a one-click process. Please refer to your software manual for complete instructions.
4. Once updating is finished, run a full system scan. After the scan, delete all infected items. If unable to clean or delete, better place the threat in quarantine.
Step 2: Run another test with Norton Power Eraser
1. Click on the button below to download Norton Power Eraser from official web site. Save it to your desktop or any location of your choice.
4. Once the file is downloaded, navigate its location and double-click on the icon (NPE.exe) to launch the program.
5. Norton Power Eraser will run. If it prompts for End User License Agreement, please click on Accept.
6. On NPE main window, click on Advanced. We will attempt to remove Trojan.Zlob.P components without restarting the computer.
9. On next window, select System Scan and click on Scan now to perform standard scan on your computer.
10. NPE will proceed with the scan. It will search for Trojans, viruses, and malware like Trojan.Zlob.P. This may take some time, depending on the number of files currently stored on the computer.
11. When scan is complete. All detected risks are listed. Remove them and restart Windows if necessary.
Alternative Removal Methods for Trojan.Zlob.P
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Trojan.Zlob.P enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Trojan.Zlob.P infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Trojan.Zlob.P manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Trojan.Zlob.P requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Trojan.Zlob.P.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Trojan.Zlob.P files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Trojan.Zlob.P.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Technical ReferenceAssociated Files and Folders:Added Registry Entries:
Ways to Prevent Trojan.Zlob.P Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.