TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D or Win32/Unruy.d! is a computer Trojan that will attempt to connect to a remote host and download additional threat on to already compromised computer. TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D also carries annoyances including removal of Windows files, schedule a tasks, and perform other malicious actions.
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista
TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D modifies Internet Explorer configuration to disable intermediary browser extensions and Browser Helper Objects. It will download additional configuration file from a remote server to execute other payloads.
TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D primarily spread through spam activities. It is either in the form of email or Internet campaign. To be specific, TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D role is to fetch other malware that cannot be distributed over the said campaign. Being small in size and able to escape antivirus detection, TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D can easily fit email attachment.
How to Remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D
Step 2 : Run a scan with your antivirus program
1. Repeat the process of starting Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
2. Open your antivirus program and download the most recent update. This method ensures that your antivirus program can detect even newer variants of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D.
Updating your antivirus software is a one-click process. Please refer to your software manual for complete instructions.
3. Once updating is finished, run a full system scan on the affected PC. After the scan, delete all infected items. If unable to clean or delete, better place the threat in quarantine.
Step 3: Run another test with online virus scanner
Another way to remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D without the need to install additional antivirus software is to perform a thorough scan with free online virus scanner. It can be found on websites of legitimate antivirus and security provider.
1. Click the button below to proceed to the list of suggested Online Virus Scanner. Choose your desired provider. You can run each scan individually, one at a time, to ensure that all threats will be removed from the computer. This may require plug-ins, add-on or Activex object, please install if you want to proceed with scan.
2. After completing the necessary download, your system is now ready to scan and remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D and other kinds of threats.
3. Select an option in which you can thoroughly scan the computer to make sure that it will find and delete entirely all infections not detected on previous scan.
4. Remove or delete all detected items.
5. When scanning is finished, you may now restart the computer in normal mode.
Alternative Removal Procedures for TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete the following:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "[random charaters.exe]"
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Technical ReferenceAssociated Files and Folders:Added Registry Entries:
Ways to Prevent TrojanDownloader:Win32/Unruy.D Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.