This topic is about description and removal guide for TrojanDownloader.xs. You can delete this harmful Trojan from an infected computer by performing several steps on this page.
TrojanDownloader.xs or also known as Trojan-Downloader.xs is a threat being displayed on security warning pop-up messages generated by rogue antivirus software. The said rogue program was installed on computer without user’s consent via Trojan Zlob and misleading security websites. Malware that brought TrojanDownloader.xs on to the computer will exploit software and system vulnerabilities to get inside.
Once loaded, the Trojan will modify Windows registry that will allow itself to run automatically when the system has started. However, a real TrojanDownloader.xs is a clone that belongs to a clan of Trojans. Each variant may have slim difference but the entire purpose is to drop other threats on the infected computer.
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista
When TrojanDownloader.xs is executed, it will attempt to download more harmful content from the Internet. In order for this Trojan to accomplish its tasks, it will reduce protection on the infected PC. Anti-virus and firewall software may fail to run. Next, it will connect to a remote server and download more threat that may perform the following task:
- Display commercial advertisement.
- Connects to a remote server to download more files.
- Conceal the Trojan and stays hidden in the background.
- Block Internet access to security web sites.
- Download and install fake software.
- Configure the infected computer to launch malware during start-up.
In our findings, we concur that TrojanDownloader.xs is using the Internet to spread a copy to reach a wide number of targets. The Trojan will usually have the malicious URLs to be embedded into their code in a range of method. On some instances, TrojanDownloader.xs are likely to be dropped by relevant threats that are employing another technique to hit its victim.
How to Remove TrojanDownloader.xs (trojan-downloader.xs)
FIRST AID TO STOP TrojanDownloader.xs:
If a virus have infected the system, registry and legitimate Windows files are also compromised. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. If a restore point was created before you got infected with TrojanDownloader.xs, please restore Windows to previous configuration.
REMOVAL TOOL for TrojanDownloader.xs:
1. Click here to download removal tool. Save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as “default” only
4. If it prompts to update the database after installation, please proceed.
5. Click “Finish.” Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished, click on the “Show Results”
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart Windows.
Note: TrojanDownloader.xs may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.
MANUAL REMOVAL OF TrojanDownloader.xs:
1. Update installed anti-virus application to have the latest definition file.
2. Reboot Windows in Safe Mode
- After turning on the power, press F8 on the keyboard.
- Select Safe Mode from the menu.
3. Thoroughly scan the system and clean/delete all infected file(s).
4. Exit registry editor and restart Windows.
ADDITIONAL TOOLS AND PROGRAMS:
Scan with Norton Power Eraser: A free removal tool from Norton Antivirus was developed to remove virus and unfamiliar threats without using the traditional AV signatures. Download the tool from this location and start scanning the computer for viruses.
Alternative Removal Method for TrojanDownloader.xs (trojan-downloader.xs)
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If TrojanDownloader.xs (trojan-downloader.xs) enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before TrojanDownloader.xs (trojan-downloader.xs) infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.