Trojan.Peacomm.D is capable of collecting system information and email contacts from the infected computer. Trojan.Peacomm.D will arrive on the system as packed executable files like sony.exe and halloween.exe. It can reduce security settings on the compromised PC by ending security-related programs. Trojan.Peacomm.D may register the computer as a peer in file-sharing networks and open its files to the public. The backdoor port created by Trojan.Peacomm.D will allow a remote attacker to gain access on the affected computer.
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista
Technical Details and Additional Information:
What can Trojan.Peacomm.D do to infected system?
- This Trojan will use rootkit techniques to hide its running process.
- It will end process related to anti-virus programs.
- It can disable drivers that were found related to security software.
Malicious Files Added by Trojan.Peacomm.D
Associated Windows Registry Entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\”noskrnl” = “%Windir%\noskrnl.exe”
Trojan.Peacomm.D – Removal
Removing Trojan.Peacomm.D Manually:
1. If using Windows ME or XP, System Restore must be disabled to prevent the threat from restoring itself. [Windows XP System Restore]
2. Update the virus definitions.
3. Reboot Windows in Safe Mode.
4. Run a full system scan and clean/delete all infected files.
5. Delete/Modify any values added to the registry.
6. Exit registry editor and restart Windows.
Online Virus Scanner:
Online virus scanner can provide scan and clean functions just like any anti-virus software without the need to install additional AV product. Perform a thorough scan with free Online Virus Scanner that can be found here or on web sites of legitimate security software provider.
Scan with Norton Power Eraser:
Norton Power Eraser is a virus removal tool created by Norton Antivirus to remove unfamiliar threats without using the traditional AV signatures. Download the tool from this location and start scanning the computer for viruses.
Alternative Removal Method for Trojan.Peacomm.D
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Trojan.Peacomm.D enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Trojan.Peacomm.D infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.