Once your computer was infected with Win32/FlyStudio.NCG, you may follow the procedure on this page to contain this threat. Remove the Trojan at once before it can further harm the system.
Win32/FlyStudio.NCG is a Trojan that may install an adware on the infected computer without user’s consent. This Trojan also targets image files on the compromised system. It will inject malicious code to image file so that an instance of the Trojan will run when the file is viewed. The threat may also make the infected file irrecoverable by altering the header and replacing it with the Trojan code.
Alias: Win32/Droplet.DT, Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Flystud.qo, Trojan horse SHeur2.SLT, Trojan.Peed.743, W32/Peed
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista
Win32/FlyStudio.NCG is a Trojan with backdoor capability. It allows a remote attacker to gain access and manipulate the infected computer. It may execute other malicious actions originating from the commands of a remote attacker. Some examples are the following:
- Steal sensitive information such as username and passwords
- Communicate to various web sites
- Connects to a remote server to download and execute additional threats
- End security-related process that belongs to anti-virus and firewall programs
Additional payload of this Trojan may affects image files. It will look for images inside the compromised PC and create a duplicate copy of the Trojan by copying the filename of the image. To show only one copy of the file, Win32/FlyStudio.NCG will hide the original images file. As a result, only the Trojan file with executable format is exposed to computer user.
How to Remove Win32/FlyStudio.NCG
1. Temporarily Disable System Restore if you are using Windows XP. For Windows Vista/7 users, you may use System Restore to return Windows to a previous clean state. However, you must have a saved restore points to accomplish this. Otherwise, proceed with the removal process.
2. Open your antivirus application and update the virus definition file. This method ensures that your antivirus program can detect even newer variants of Win32/FlyStudio.NCG
3. Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- From a power-off state, turn on the computer and press F8 on your keyboard repeatedly.
- Your computer will display Windows Advanced Boot Options menu. Please select Safe Mode with Networking.
- The system will now boot Windows and loads only necessary drivers and files.
4. Open your antivirus program and run a full system scan. After the scan, delete all infected items. If unable, better place them in quarantine. Once the scan is complete, please proceed with the next step.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove Win32/FlyStudio.NCG without the need to install additional antivirus application is to perform a thorough scan with free online virus scanner that can be found here or on websites of legitimate anti-virus and security provider.
5. Go to Online Virus Scanner list and run a virus scan. This may require plug-ins, add-on or Activex object, please install if you want to proceed with scan.
6. After completing the necessary download, your system is now ready for online virus scanning.
7. Select an option in which you can thoroughly scan the computer to make sure that it will find and delete entirely all infections not detected on previous scan.
8. Remove or delete all detected items.
9. When scanning is finished you may now restart the computer in normal mode.
Alternative Removal Method for Win32/FlyStudio.NCG
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Win32/FlyStudio.NCG enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Win32/FlyStudio.NCG infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.