Trojan.Win32.Swisyn.algm is a virus or worm that will spread via removable storage devices, email attachments and network shares. Trojan.Win32.Swisyn.algm will install itself in the Windows registry so that it will load when Windows is started. This worm can copy itself to a legitimate system files that will make it complicated for any anti-virus program to remove and delete them.
Damage Level: Low
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Manual Removal of Trojan.Win32.Swisyn.algm
1. If using Windows Me/XP, System Restore must be disabled to prevent the threat from restoring itself.[how to]
2. Database, pattern and definition files of installed antivirus programs must be updated.
3. Restart Windows in Safe Mode.
4. Run a full system scan and clean/delete all infected files.
5. Restart Windows in normal mode.
Kaspersky Bootable USB Flash Drive
A tool from Kaspersky will allow you to create a bootable virus scanner that can be run from any computer. This can be boot and run from media drives such as CD, DVD or USB Flash Drive. Download and follow the procedures here.
How to Protect Computer From Trojan.Win32.Swisyn.algm
Use security programs:
– Install antivirus and always update the database to ensure that it will detect new threats and viruses.
– Use a firewall to block all unwanted incoming Internet traffic.
– Anti-malware is also advise aside from installed antivirus programs.
– Be cautious in opening e-mail attachments. Spam messages that pretend to be from a known source may contain infected attached files.
– Never click on a suspicious link sent through instant messaging programs.