W32.Fleck.A spreads via unsecured file-sharing networks and is capable of downloading and executing additional threats onto the infected computer. W32.Fleck.A can create its own registry so that it runs every time Windows starts. When loaded, W32.Fleck.A will connect to a remote file-sharing networks to download more threats.
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Remove W32.Fleck.A with System Restore:
If a virus have infected the system, registry and legitimate Windows files are also compromised. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. If a restore point was created before you got infected with W32.Fleck.A, please restore Windows to previous configuration.
Manual Removal of W32.Fleck.A:
1. Update installed anti-virus application to have the latest definition file.
2. Reboot Windows in Safe Mode
- After turning on the power, press F8 on the keyboard.
- Select Safe Mode from the menu.
3. Thoroughly scan the system and clean/delete all infected file(s).
4. Delete/Modify any values added to the registry if present.
- Click on Start. Search or Run regedit.exe to begin registry editor.
Note: You may refer to links on sidebar for a complete tutorial on Safe Mode and Registry Editor.
5. Exit registry editor and restart Windows.
Other Useful Tools:
Online Virus Scanner:
It is best to scan computer using free Online Virus Scanner. It can be used without the need to install additional antivirus application.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Additional payload of W32.Fleck.A:
- The worm will save several compressed file on Documents folder.
- It will connect to a file sharing network and used the compromised system to serve files.
Malicious Files Added:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\m\flec006.exe
W32.Fleck.A Associated Windows Registry Entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\”mule_st_key” = “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\m\flec006.exe”
Alternative Removal Method for W32.Fleck.A
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If W32.Fleck.A enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before W32.Fleck.A infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.