If you are looking for ways to remove W32.SillyFDC.BBX, then you can find it on this page. Free tools and removal procedure is also included to get rid of the Trojan instantly.
W32.SillyFDC.BBX is a worm that propagates by creating a duplicate copy of itself to removable USB and unsecured network mapped drives. W32.SillyFDC.BBX also drops more malware and tries to execute additional threats on the compromised machine. Other than that, this worm may also disable security applications and certain system software. It will add a bunch of harmful registry entries to accomplish its task on the targeted computer.
Also Detected As:
W32/Sohana-CX (Sophos), Troj/Agent-MRP (Sophos), W32/Sohana-DC (Sophos), W32/Autorun-BNX (Sophos), W32/Tiotua-DF (Sophos)
Damage Level: Low
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista
When W32.SillyFDC.BBX is executed, it will drop a copy of the Worm under Windows System folder. It will also create a number of files, which are clean and some are malicious. Then the threat will modify driver files and append a harmful code into it. To be able to include its Internet traffic on Windows Firewall allowed list, the threat adds some lines in the registry.
Next, W32.SillyFDC.BBX runs on every Windows boot-up by adding the following registry entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\”Msn Messsenger” = “%System%\regsvr.exe”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\”svchost Agent” = “%System%\28463\svchost.exe”
Additional registry entries are also created to block antivirus programs and lower the security settings of Internet Explorer.
- The worm propagates locally by copying itself to shared drives as New Folder.exe and regsvr.exe.
- It also creates a copy of itself to removable drives and USB devices as New Folder.exe, jxcw.exe and regsvr.exe
- On each infected drives, W32.SillyFDC.BBX drops the file autorun.inf so that it automatically runs when the drive is accessed.
There is a huge chance that your antivirus program may catch W32.SillyFDC.BBX before it can enter the computer if the program constantly receives most recent update.
How to Remove W32.SillyFDC.BBX
Step 1 : Run a scan with your antivirus program
1. Temporarily Disable System Restore if your system is running on Windows Me/XP. [how to]
2. Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- From a power-off state, turn on the computer and press F8 on your keyboard repeatedly.
- Your computer will display Windows Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will boot loading only necessary drivers and system files. Expect that it will run with minimal features and low-resolution display.
3. Open your antivirus program and download the most recent update. This method ensures that your antivirus program can detect even newer variants of W32.SillyFDC.BBX.
Updating your antivirus software is a one-click process. Please refer to your software manual for complete instructions.
4. Once updating is finished, run a full system scan. After the scan, delete all infected items. If unable to clean or delete, better place the threat in quarantine.
Step 2: Run another test with online virus scanner
Another way to remove W32.SillyFDC.BBX without the need to install additional antivirus software is to perform a thorough scan with free online virus scanner. It can be found on websites of legitimate antivirus and security provider.
1. Click the button below to proceed to the list of suggested Online Virus Scanner. Choose your desired provider. You can run each scan individually, one at a time, to ensure that all threats will be removed from the computer. This may require plug-ins, add-on or Activex object, please install if you want to proceed with scan.
2. After completing the necessary download, your system is now ready to scan and remove W32.SillyFDC.BBX and other kinds of threats.
3. Select an option in which you can thoroughly scan the computer to make sure that it will find and delete entirely all infections not detected on previous scan.
4. Remove or delete all detected items.
5. When scanning is finished, you may now restart the computer in normal mode.
Alternative Removal Procedures for W32.SillyFDC.BBX
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If W32.SillyFDC.BBX enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before W32.SillyFDC.BBX infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : W32.SillyFDC.BBX manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of W32.SillyFDC.BBX requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to W32.SillyFDC.BBX.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for W32.SillyFDC.BBX files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by W32.SillyFDC.BBX.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Technical ReferenceAssociated Files and Folders:Added Registry Entries:
Ways to Prevent W32.SillyFDC.BBX Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.