On this page are effective ways to remove EasyShopper from Mac OS X computer. Getting rid of this adware from relevant browser is also discussed.
EasyShopper is a potentially unwanted program that issues Ads, Deals, Saving Coupons, and Sales directly to your browser. It can be a beneficial tool particularly to those who are looking for online savings; however, another part of it unveils malicious intent. Ads by EasyShopper will show up on Google Chrome and Safari in overflowing mode. This approach is common to most adware and PUP’s. Because it is a free program, developers intend to recoup with all their expenses by generating profit through circulated advertisements.
In addition, adware such as this can only be effective if it manages to display ads that are attractive to Macintosh users. To accomplish such, EasyShopper was designed with tracking capability. It monitors your web browsing habit, record search queries, and learn products that are within your interest. That way, EasyShopper ads will be more targeted and solely focuses on user’s fascination.
Even though you find EasyShopper as worthy as other shopping tools, be aware that it can still cause harm on Mac OS X system and internet browser at the same time. There are a number of discussions pertaining to the invasive technique applied by this adware to gain access on computer. Sadly, most of the conversations are users objection on the presence of EasyShopper adware.
If ever you find EasyShopper ineffectual and possess security threats on your Macintosh system, then, we advise immediate removal of this unwanted program. Below are systematic guide and tools to help you get rid of EasyShopper easily.
EasyShopper Removal Procedures
Below are several steps that you should carry out to delete EasyShopper adware from Mac computer. We highly recommend executing both manual removal and thorough scanning of the system using the provided tool.
Delete EasyShopper from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose “Preferences“.
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select “Extensions” tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select EasyShopper from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item. Another thing to delete that is linked to the adware is a browser hijacker called SearchAssist.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside “Enable EasyShopper extension” or similar entry. You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next steps.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on “Go“. Then, select “Go to Folder“.
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu, click Go, and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of EasyShopper to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of EasyShopper
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select “Open” from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the “Scan” button to start checking the computer for presence of EasyShopper and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on “Remove Selected Items” to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing EasyShopper. Your computer should now be malware free.