W32.Buzus!gen can bring more hard onto the infected computer if it stays for a longer period. Therefore, you must remove this Trojan when signs are spotted on the computer.
W32.Buzus!gen is a generic detection used to identify threats that were found related to W32.Buzus family of Trojan. Files detected as W32.Buzus!gen are believed to be malicious and may bring more damage to infected computer if not removed immediately.
Once W32.Buzus!gen is executed, it may download and run arbitrary files from a remote server. It may also get additional malware and install it on the affected computer. As of this moment, it is observed that the Trojan will connect to a domain spywareisolator.com. Then, it will download a rogue software called SpywareIsolator. But since this is a generic detection, the same method is also applied for other malware it may download. The findings is not limited on the mentioned rogue software but also to other fake antivirus and utilities that may come from different groups of malware which pose the same behavior.
W32.Buzus!gen sees to it that gaining control of the infected computer is possible. It drops several files, both clean and malicious. It intends to shut off antivirus programs and disable any tools that may be useful in cleaning the PC out of threats. The Trojan also tweaks some settings on the registry so that it will load each time Windows starts.
The Trojan is primarily distributed through other Trojan infection. Usually Trojan Downloader will drop this worm after a successful intrusion on the target computer. Other sources of worm that you should be aware of are spam email messages, peer-to-peer connections, and harmful links from social networking sites.
Alias: Trojan.PWS.LDPinch.TKZ, TrojanDropper:Win32/Buzus.gen!A, Trojan.Downloader-26839, W32/Buzus.OG
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove W32.Buzus!gen
Systematic procedures to get rid of the threat are presented on this section. Make sure to scan the computer with suggested tools and scanners.
NOTE: We suggest that you PRINT or BOOKMARK this guide. There are steps that we may have to restart the computer in order to successfully remove the threat.
Step 1 : Run a scan with your antivirus program
1. Remove all media such as Memory Card, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer and please do the following:
Boot in Safe Mode on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 system
a) Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
b) It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
Start computer in Safe Mode using Windows 8 and Windows 10
a) Close any running programs on your computer.
b) Get ready to Start Windows. On your keyboard, Press and Hold Shift key and then, click on Restart button.
c) It will prompt you with options, please click on Troubleshoot icon.
d) Under Troubleshoot window, select Advanced Options.
e) On next window, click on Startup Settings icon.
f) Lastly, click on Restart button on subsequent window.
g) When Windows restarts, present startup options with numbers 1 - 9. Select "Enable Safe Mode with Networking" or number 5.
h) Windows will now boot on Safe Mode with Networking. Proceed with virus scan as the next step.
2. Once Windows is running under Safe Mode with Networking, open your antivirus program and download the most recent update. This method ensures that your antivirus program can detect even newer variants of W32.Buzus!gen.
Updating your antivirus software is a one-click process. Please refer to your software manual for complete instructions.
3. Once updating is finished, run a full system scan on the affected PC. After the scan, delete all infected items. If unable to clean or delete, better place the threat in quarantine.
Step 2: Run another test with online virus scanner
Another way to remove W32.Buzus!gen without the need to install additional antivirus software is to perform a thorough scan with free online virus scanner. It can be found on websites of legitimate antivirus and security provider.
1. Click the button below to proceed to the list of suggested Online Virus Scanner. Choose your desired provider. You can run each scan individually, one at a time, to ensure that all threats will be removed from the computer. This may require plug-ins, add-on or Activex object, please install if you want to proceed with scan.
2. After completing the necessary download, your system is now ready to scan and remove W32.Buzus!gen and other kinds of threats.
3. Select an option in which you can thoroughly scan the computer to make sure that it will find and delete entirely all infections not detected on previous scan.
4. Remove or delete all detected items.
5. When scanning is finished, you may now restart the computer in normal mode.
Alternative Removal Procedures for W32.Buzus!gen
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, W32.Buzus!gen drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, please follow the instructions below to access this feature.
Access System Restore on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
a) Go to Start Menu, then under 'Run' or 'Search Program and Files' field, type rstrui.
b) Then, press Enter on the keyboard to open System Restore Settings.
Open System Restore on Windows 8 and Windows 10
a) Hover your mouse cursor to the lower left corner of the screen and wait for the Start icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon and select Run from the list. This will open a Run dialog box.
c) Type rstrui on the 'Open' field and click on OK to initiate the command.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.