Remove Search.mysafesearch.net from OSX and Safari browser by executing the guides we have outlined on this page. We offer systematic ways and efficient removal tools that will surely take out all adware files from your Mac system.
Mac OS X system is the main target of Search.mysafesearch.net, although there may be a version of this program for PC machine but none where reported yet. Inside Mac system, its general purpose is to take control of Safari browser. This can lead to pop-up ads and dominating the home page, replacing it with Search.mysafesearch.net.
Most of the time, installation of Search.mysafesearch.net is concealed to computer user. Adware makers usually spread it via freeware. By bundling it to free programs, users are caught unaware and load Search.mysafesearch.net into the system unforeseen. Hence, this is not the constant method to deploy this adware. Browser redirects are also used to point users to a malicious page that issues fake pop-ups prompting to download a program. Software update or outdated driver files can be an issue in such cases.
Just like other potentially unwanted program, Search.mysafesearch.net was made to produce profit online by displaying advertisements. It may have something to offer that is helpful, but known drawbacks with this suspicious program is enough for computer users to disregard it totally. Not to mention that Search.mysafesearch.net can put your privacy at risk. It can record certain activities on your computer that is significant to online browsing. Therefore, we suggest that you immediately remove Search.mysafesearch.net when its presence is observed.
Search.mysafesearch.net Removal Procedures
The following instructions will guide you to get rid of Search.mysafesearch.net. We highly advise that you fully execute the given procedure to completely remove the unwanted program from your Mac system.
Delete Search.mysafesearch.net from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose “Preferences“.
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select “Extensions” tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Search.mysafesearch.net from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside “Enable Search.mysafesearch.net extension” or similar entry. You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next steps.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on “Go“. Then, select “Go to Folder“.
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Search.mysafesearch.net.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu, click Go, and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Search.mysafesearch.net to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Search.mysafesearch.net
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select “Open” from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the “Scan” button to start checking the computer for presence of Search.mysafesearch.net and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on “Remove Selected Items” to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Search.mysafesearch.net. Your computer should now be malware free.
Reset Safari Homepage and Search Engine
1. Open Safari Browser.
2. Choose Preferences from the Safari menu that can be found on upper left corner of the browser.
3. Select General tab, and then look for Homepage section.
4. Replace Search.mysafesearch.net with your preferred default Homepage.
5. On the same Tab, go to Default Search Engine section.
6. Replace the current entry with you preferred search engine.