Remove Advanced Mac Cleaner rogue program from your computer at once before it can further harm the system. Scan the computer with effective anti-virus and anti-malware tools provided below.
Advanced Mac Cleaner is a dubious computer and Mac OS X system tool. It claims to optimize the computer and fix issues on the Operating System. This potentially unwanted program normally arrives on the computer via third-party software like freeware or shareware. A bundling technique is being used by malware author to spread programs like Advanced Mac Cleaner. With this scheme, any programs are packed to downloadable applications and also installs on the computer without taking permission from user.
Once Advanced Mac Cleaner is installed, it can run a diagnostics on the computer without user’s intervention. Afterwards, user will get alerted by certain issues that it found. The only way you can activate the repair function is by purchasing the full working version of Advanced Mac Cleaner. It is completely a fraudulent tactics which aims to alert victims of non-existent troubles in order to market the product.
Victims of Advanced Mac Cleaner also assert that uninstalling the program is almost impossible. Using the usual uninstall feature of Mac system is inadequate to totally get rid of Advanced Mac Cleaner. Some left over files are capable of reviving the unwanted program.
Advanced Mac Cleaner is technically not a virus. It is more appropriate to be called PUP (potentially unwanted program). Its nature may be as aggressive as computer virus, however, it never replicates once installed on the computer. Also, Advanced Mac Cleaner requires to be fully installed on the system carry out its function. This is why authors of this program are employing the bundling technique as a method of distribution.
If you cannot remove Advanced Mac Cleaner using the typical way as you would uninstall any program, we have prepared a simple guide on this page to get rid of it. This will require anti-malware scanner to find and delete hidden malicious files concealed on the system.
Advanced Mac Cleaner Removal Procedures
Below are several steps that you should carry out to delete Advanced Mac Cleaner unwanted program from Mac computer.
We highly recommend executing both manual removal and thorough scanning of the system using the provided tool.
Close Advanced Mac Cleaner Application
1. Close Advanced Mac Cleaner opened window or running application.
2. On your keyboard, press Command + Option + Esc to open Force Quit Applications window. Alternatively, you can go to Finder > Go > Utilities > Activity Monitor.
3. Select Advanced Mac Cleaner from the list of running processes and click on Force Quit button.
Delete Advanced Mac Cleaner Login Items
4. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences from the drop-down list.
5. Open Users and Groups and click on Login Items button to show the list of applications that launches automatically.
6. Please select Advanced Mac Cleaner and click on minus button (-) at the bottom of the window to remove this unwanted item.
Manually delete Advanced Mac Cleaner items
7. Navigate the Apple Finder and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder". Alternatively, use keyboard shortcut Command + Shift + G.
8. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
9. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following names or similar entry:
10. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
11. Using the same "Go to Folder" procedures, open this location:
12. Look for the same files and folders and move it to Trash.
13. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
14. Locate the following items and move it to Trash:
- Advanced Mac Cleaner
- Mac Adware Cleaner
15. Go back to Apple Menu, click Go, and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
16. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
- Advanced Mac Cleaner
- Mac Adware Cleaner
Scan with MBAM to check for Advanced Mac Cleaner remaining objects
17. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
18. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
19. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
20. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Advanced Mac Cleaner and other malware.
21. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
22. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Advanced Mac Cleaner. Your computer should now be malware free.