Rootkit Remover by McAfee is a utility that works mostly on all PC’s without the need to have the McAfee Antivirus program. This tool can detect and remove Zeroaccess and TDSS family of Trojan, which is also known as rootkits.
McAfee Rootkit Remover is a dedicated tool created to detect and remove complicated computer infections from rootkits and similar malware. This release covers two variants of this highly complex Trojan known as ZeroAccess and TDSS Family of rootkits.
Rootkits are multi-component tools that malware authors are using to infiltrate over unsecured system. It may bring adverse effects once executed on the computer. There are various purposes for using rootkits but security experts reveal that it mainly serves a purpose for identity theft. Through this infection, malware authors can gain complete control over the computer, thereby giving them access to restricted data and information.
Successful penetration by Trojans and viruses can be credited to the use of rootkits. Not only that they are hard to detect but it is also complex to remove once installed on the system. It masked itself as a legitimate Windows processes to evade antivirus detection.
The main objective of McAfee Labs Rootkit Remover is to help you detect and remove this widespread threat. This is not a replacement for full anti-virus program. It has no capability to protect your computer against the attack. McAfee Labs Rootkit Remover is created specifically to identify and eliminate rootkit infections.
How to Use McAfee Labs Rootkit Remover
1. Download the most recent version of RootkitRemover from this link.
2. When prompted, save the file to your desktop for quick access, or place it to a convenient location.
3. Once the download has finished, browse the location of the file. Double-click on RootkitRemover.exe to run the tool. Please note that you must have Administrative privilege over the computer to execute this program effectively.
4. McAfee Rootkit Remover opens a window and initializes. Next, it will scan and clean the computer when infections are found.
5. You will see a text ‘Press any key to exit’ once scanning process has completed.
6. It is recommended to restart Windows and perform full scan with anti-virus or anti-malware program to remove any other harmful components in the system.