If you are looking for ways to remove Mal/Qbot-B, then you can find it on this page. Free tools and removal procedure is also included to get rid of the Trojan instantly.
Mal/Qbot-B is a virus that may pose threat on computers, which can lead to intrusions, disruptions and damage to the system. This virus is a general detection to identify malicious files having these characteristics to warn computer users and prevent execution. Because once this virus executes on the system, it may communicate to a remote server to download other malware that it will execute on the compromised PC.
Alias: Trojan.Win32.Regrun.hse, Packed.Win32.Krap.hm, TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen, Trojan.Zbot, W32.Qakbot, BKDR_QAKBOT.AF, Trojan-PSW.Win32.Qbot.mk
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Windows Vista
This virus has multiple functionalities once it infects a computer. However, its primary objective is to gather information from the infected system. It targets the following information:
- Cookies that authenticate user’s credentials
- DNS, IP address and hostname of the infected computer
- Operating System version and related information
- Country of origin and Internet browser information
- Keystrokes generated from the compromised PC
- Account details for FTP, IRC and Email applications
- Account login for several web sites
- Web pages and visited URLs
Mal/Qbot-B may spread by exploiting security and software vulnerabilities when user visits a malicious web page. Codes from this web site may instantly download a copy of the threat on visitor’s computer without a notice. Most of these infections are caused by unsuspecting clicks on malevolent links.
Locally, Mal/Qbot-B will spread on unsecured network-shared directories. If so configured, this virus may spread also on removable drives and USB devices.
How to Remove Mal/Qbot-B
Systematic procedures to get rid of the threat are presented on this section. Make sure to scan the computer with suggested tools and scanners.
NOTE: We suggest that you PRINT or BOOKMARK this guide. There are steps that we may have to restart the computer in order to successfully remove the threat.
Step 1 : Run a scan with your antivirus program
1. Remove all media such as Memory Card, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer and please do the following:
Boot in Safe Mode on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 system
a) Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
b) It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
Start computer in Safe Mode using Windows 8 and Windows 10
a) Close any running programs on your computer.
b) Get ready to Start Windows. On your keyboard, Press and Hold Shift key and then, click on Restart button.
c) It will prompt you with options, please click on Troubleshoot icon.
d) Under Troubleshoot window, select Advanced Options.
e) On next window, click on Startup Settings icon.
f) Lastly, click on Restart button on subsequent window.
g) When Windows restarts, present startup options with numbers 1 - 9. Select "Enable Safe Mode with Networking" or number 5.
h) Windows will now boot on Safe Mode with Networking. Proceed with virus scan as the next step.
2. Once Windows is running under Safe Mode with Networking, open your antivirus program and download the most recent update. This method ensures that your antivirus program can detect even newer variants of Mal/Qbot-B.
Updating your antivirus software is a one-click process. Please refer to your software manual for complete instructions.
3. Once updating is finished, run a full system scan on the affected PC. After the scan, delete all infected items. If unable to clean or delete, better place the threat in quarantine.
Step 2: Run another test with online virus scanner
Another way to remove Mal/Qbot-B without the need to install additional antivirus software is to perform a thorough scan with free online virus scanner. It can be found on websites of legitimate antivirus and security provider.
1. Click the button below to proceed to the list of suggested Online Virus Scanner. Choose your desired provider. You can run each scan individually, one at a time, to ensure that all threats will be removed from the computer. This may require plug-ins, add-on or Activex object, please install if you want to proceed with scan.
2. After completing the necessary download, your system is now ready to scan and remove Mal/Qbot-B and other kinds of threats.
3. Select an option in which you can thoroughly scan the computer to make sure that it will find and delete entirely all infections not detected on previous scan.
4. Remove or delete all detected items.
5. When scanning is finished, you may now restart the computer in normal mode.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Mal/Qbot-B
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Mal/Qbot-B drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, please follow the instructions below to access this feature.
Access System Restore on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
a) Go to Start Menu, then under 'Run' or 'Search Program and Files' field, type rstrui.
b) Then, press Enter on the keyboard to open System Restore Settings.
Open System Restore on Windows 8 and Windows 10
a) Hover your mouse cursor to the lower left corner of the screen and wait for the Start icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon and select Run from the list. This will open a Run dialog box.
c) Type rstrui on the 'Open' field and click on OK to initiate the command.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Mal/Qbot-B manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Mal/Qbot-B requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Mal/Qbot-B.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Mal/Qbot-B files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete the following:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "[random charaters.exe]"
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode using the procedures above.
- Open your anti-virus program and thoroughly run a scan on the computer. Delete/Quarantine all identified threats to remove Mal/Qbot-B effectively.
4. Delete all files dropped by Mal/Qbot-B.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Notice: Undefined variable: kword in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/happenstance/s_trojan2.php on line 160
Notice: Undefined variable: kword in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/happenstance/s_trojan2.php on line 162
can badly affect your computer and slow down its performance and usability.
Can I Remove
Notice: Undefined variable: kword in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/happenstance/s_trojan2.php on line 168
from my Computer?
Notice: Undefined variable: kword in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/happenstance/s_trojan2.php on line 170
can be removed by downloading our recommended antivirus software and scanner.
How Easy is it to Remove
Notice: Undefined variable: kword in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/happenstance/s_trojan2.php on line 176
Nearly all paid antivirus scanners and removal tools should help remove the
Notice: Undefined variable: kword in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/happenstance/s_trojan2.php on line 178
virus from your computer.
Once I remove
Notice: Undefined variable: kword in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/happenstance/s_trojan2.php on line 184
do I still need antivirus?
Yes, new viruses such as
Notice: Undefined variable: kword in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/happenstance/s_trojan2.php on line 186
are created everyday and the only way to stay 100% protected is to use antivirus on your device.