Remove Virus with Free Norton Power Eraser
Norton Power Eraser is a free removal tool that was developed primarily to remove adware, malware and rogue security applications that tries to mimic legitimate programs. It utilizes a more aggressive type of scanner and uses non-traditional anti-virus pattern files and database. Norton Power Eraser is a program to-go-to if any of the installed anti-virus programs are not finding the malware. It will help you detect and remove threats that standard antivirus fails to spot.
What’s so special with NPE is its ability to roll back changes it has made to your system. Accidentally deleted files can be restored back with ‘Review’ feature. Its ability to remove malware that obstruct execution of antivirus software remains unmatched. If you can’t execute your security program, then run Norton Power Eraser.
Windows 9x/Me/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7
How to Use Norton Power Eraser:
1. Download the latest version of Norton Power Eraser. File is NPE.exe, 2.44MB in size.
2. Save the file to a desired location on your hard drive. If you prefer scanning from an external device, file can be conveniently stored in optical and USB drives.
3. Reboot your computer in Safe Mode.
From an Off state, turn on the computer and proceed with these steps.
a) During BootUp process Press F8 continuously until selection appears
b) Use Arrow Up+Down to select Safe Mode on the selections menu
c) Press Enter to proceed
4. Locate the file NPE.exe. Double-click to run.
5. It will take some time to completely scan the computer.
6. Because of Norton Power Eraser’s aggressive detection method, expect a false-positive result. Please review the results for legitimate programs that were mistakenly identified as a threat. Remove the mark on legitimate files. To begin cleaning all marked items, click Fix.
As mentioned, files deleted unintentionally can be restored by running Review Past Repair Sessions and Undo Items.